Saturday 9 June 2012

Unimpressive Products: Part 1

Hi Beauties!
A few weeks ago if youo follow me on twitter (@simplychicxox) you would have seen that I asked if you girls would want to see a post about products that didnt seem to impress me, and didnt live up to the hype that they got. So with will be somewhat of a review/ pros-cons post.
Hope this helps you girls!

1. E.L.F 100 Eyeshadow Palette

I did do a review on this palette earlier, but as I kept using it and started to use some of the bright colorful colors I started to get dissapointed with this palette. A lot of the bright pinks, oranges, and greens seemed to be really chalky and didnt stick onto my lids. I would always try to add more and more shadow on top of the previous layer, which made the colors more opaque, but once I started to blend them together they wouldnt stick onto my eye. However not all the colors are like this. Some colors like the champagne and light pastel pink colors are not as chalky and stay on my eye while blending. It may just have been the palette I got, but I have heard other people say the same thing.
Overall I would give this palette a 3.5 / 5 stars.
It was also only $10 USD so I dont feel like I got ripped off since it wasnt an expensive palette.


2. Physicians Formula Bamboo Bronzer



When I first bought this bronzer I was really exicted to try it out because I heard a lot of good things about Physicians Formula. This bronzer was really nice using it for the first few times but after a while my brush stopped picking up the darker bronze color and started to just pick up the yellow part of the bronzer. The color started to look really bad on my face since it didnt match my face color at all. I couldnt understand what was wrong with it until I noticed that the darker part was really shiny and my brush didnt pick up that part of the bronzer at all. What I have to do if I use this bronzer I have to scrape off the top layer so my brush could pick up the color. It is kind of a hassle to do everytime I want to use the bronzer.
Overall I would give it a 4 / 5. 



3. Avon Ideal Shade Concealer Stick




When my friends and I were ordering from an Avon catalogue, this concealer was always advertised for being really great and great for a nice low price. When I started using this, it was in the winter time so my skin was a lighter color. I wold use this on all my blemishes and dark circles. It covers blemishes pretty well, but when I would use it on my dark circles I would have to use alot of the product to cover the darkness. Once I got them covered I noticed that it would leave my under eyes looking really dry, especially when I would use a powder to set the concealer. It would also show any lines that I have under my eyes. Now I dont use this concealer under my eyes and I dont seem to have this problem with the concealer I am currenly using under my eyes. I still use this to cover any of my blemishes or red spots because I find it soft and easy to blend on my skin.
Overall I would give this a 4 / 5.

Hope this helped all of you girls, so now you know if you were thinking of buying these products. If have anything specific for my to try out or to add to my next part of this, just leave a comment below!

Stalk me:
Instagram: @simplychicxox




4 comments:

  1. Aww:( I hate when the happens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post, I was considering whether or not to buy the elf palette but I probably won't now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoy reading these posts as they are helpful when looking at new products! i haven't tried any of these products!

    -ariel* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These posts are so useful! It's good to hear an honest bad review sometimes haha! I've been thinking of doing one of these, I'll have to get some products together :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Mwah♡